Rydel Lynch Inspired Makeup Look

Monday, March 21, 2016

Hey guys. So for todays video I decided I was going to do a look inspired by Rydel Lynch. She makes up 1/5th of the band R5, which they have just finished up their Sometime Last Night World Tour. I was able to go see them twice, once in Orange Park, Florida and once in Orlando, Florida. Both times they were absolutely amazing and I cannot wait for the next album and tour.

During the tour Rydel had some amazing makeup looks that I really wanted to recreate but I decided on this one https://www.instagram.com/p/BC_qeN-jdA8/?taken-by=rydelr5. I love how she put the pink under her brow and how the green and black eyeshadows were smoked out into a cat eye look. Another one of my favorite looks she did was in Orlando. She had crystals following the wing of her eyeliner and under her lower lash line.

I mainly used Urban Decay products for this look because they have the best range of colors when it comes to eyeliner. Also in the instagram picture that I am going off of for reference she tagged Urban Decay so I figured she used mainly UD.

So first thing I did was prime my face and my eyelids. If you want you can do your foundation first but for me I chose to wait until after the eyes were almost done that way cleaning up fall out is effortless and no wiping away your foundation. Before starting eyeshadow I decided to do my eyebrows. I first used an angled brush and some of the 24/7 eyeliner pencil in woodstock to outline where I wanted the pink to be. I found this to be easier than just completely free handing with the pencil. Once I had most of the outline done I went back over with the pencil and then with the eyeshadow in savage from the Electric Palette from Urban Decay.

Top Left: Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner in Woodstock
Bottom Left: Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Definer in Taupe 
Right: Savage Eyeshadow from the Electric Palette by Urban Decay
For the eyes I really wanted the wing to be sharp so I used tape. I would recommend putting the strip of tape on the back of your hand a couple of times before you apply it to your eye so it doesn't tug when removing. For the transition shades I used Beaches and Cream, Sora, and Frappe which are all Makeup Geek eyeshadows.

Manny MUA x Makeup Geek Palette
I wanted to use a lighter shade to really define the wing before using a black eyeshadow incase I wanted to change something. I decided to use password from the Naked Smoky Palette by Urban Decay. Once I was happy with how the wing looked I used Blackout from the Gwen Stefani x Urban Decay Palette.

Top Row: Urban Decay Naked Smoky Palette 
Bottom Row: Gwen Stefani x Urban Decay 
I wasn't sure what products she used but from the picture the black shadow looked like it had some type of glitter or sparkle. To achieve the sparkle I used Moondust Eyeshadow by Urban Decay in Zodiac. You can use this eyeshadow wet or dry but I decided to use the shadow dry. I have found that if you spray your brush with fix+ or the All Nighter Spray from Urban Decay it helps with fall out. For the inner corner and eyelid I used Freak from the Electric Palette by Urban Decay. I have never used this shadow before and I love it! You do have to build up the shadow but it really isn't a big deal. 

Top Row: Moondust Eyeshadow by Urban Decay in the shade Zodiac
Bottom Row: Freak Eyeshadow from the Electric Palette by Urban Decay
The next step is to line your top and bottom water line. Also line your top lash line. I used the 24/7 Velvet Glide-On Pencil in Black Velvet. After this step I do my foundation, concealer, powder, and contour.

24/7 Velvet Glide-On Eye Pencil in Black Velvet 
The lower lash line is super easy. Basically all I did was take Frappe as the base. Then I added Password over Frappe just to darken the lower lash line a little. Finally I used Freak in the inner corner and blended into Password and Frappe. After this is done I curl my lashes and put on mascara on my top and bottom lashes. I use Dior DIORSHOW Mascara for my top lashes and Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara for my bottom lashes.

Top Row: Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara
Bottom Row: Dior DIORSHOW Mascara 
Now my favorite part is highlighting so obviously I did not skip this step! I used my favorite highlight, which is by Anastasia Beverly Hills in the shade Starlight. It is perfect for my pale skin! i also decided to add a little blush because I felt like my skin needed a little color. I used a NARS blush..... could not tell you the name for the life of me.

Top Row: NARS Blush from the Guy Bourdin Holiday Palette
Bottom Row: Anastasia Beverly Hills Illuminator in Starlight
The finally step is lipstick. I decided a nude shade would be best for me because of how intense my eyeshadow was. I use the Kylie Lip Kit in KoKo K. This is my favorite lip kit out of all 7.

Kylie Lip Kit in Koko K
This is the final look.


I hope you all enjoyed this look! I am so happy with how it turned out. I have loved how Rydel has done her makeup on this tour and I knew I would have to recreate on of the looks. If you want to check out the video I made for this look then you can head over to my Youtube Channel.

                                     


See you next week! 
- Kikki Madison 









1 comment:

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS